Model 6840R Multi-Channel H.264 HD/SD Video Encoder, Rugged
Delta Digital Video’s Model 6840R Video Encoder is a High/Standard Definition (HD/SD) Encoder that compresses video and audio signals, multiplexing them with metadata and other system information for real-time transmission for ISR applications. The 6840R uses the H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC Part 10) video compression algorithm to provide high-quality video even at HD resolutions. The H.264 standard is the most efficient compression algorithm and was created for the transmission of high resolution video. The unit is built around an advanced, high-speed FPGA architecture, working in conjunction with a DSP, to facilitate the data moving and processing required for HD video compression.
The 6840R is easily integrated into most airborne video transmission systems. The standards-compliant (MISB/STANAG) transport stream is output on a Ethernet port (1000 Base-T) for direct connection to any network. The transport stream can be applied to Delta’s HD decoder or played through compliant exploitation systems.
The encoder’s video, audio, metadata, and system parameters are easily controlled via the Ethernet port or asynchronous serial interface.
- Real-time digital transmission of High/Standard Definition motion imagery
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Part 10) Baseline (Optional MPEG-2 for SD applications)
- HD/SD-SDI & Composite Input Interface
- MPEG-2 Transport Stream – MISB/STANAG Compliant
- Fully configurable 1000 BaseT network interface (Optional Redundancy)
- Synchronous Metadata Support for SDI and Asynchronous metadata support via serial or Ethernet (optional onboard KLV encoding)
- Data Rates from 256Kbps to 20Mbps (per channel)
- <30ms Encode Latency
- Stereo/dual-channel audio inputs
- MPEG-1 Layer I/II Audio Compression
- RS-232 or Ethernet port configurable
- Rugged, Airborne Package
MPEG-2 TS-over UDP
Auto Sense Full/Half Duplex